WHY TO CHOOSE US
CARDIOVASCULAR MAGNETIC TOMOGRAPHY
Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (CMR)
Our cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging (CMRI) studies provide detailed images of the structures in and around the heart, due to the strong 3T magnetic field and our special computer processor.
Cardiac MRI is used to detect or monitor a heart disease and to evaluate the anatomy and function of the heart. It is of great help in the work-up of diseases related to the cardiovascular system, in studying the course of diseases that affect the function of the heart and in the follow-up of inflammatory lesions. It is also indicated in patients with congenital cardiovascular disease or acquired cardiovascular diseases that occur throughout life.
Despite not using ionizing radiation to perform the test (such as computed tomography, cardiac scintigraphy), it can provide high-resolution images of the atria, ventricles and valves of the heart and of the myocardial blood perfusion .
In Olympic Diagnostic dynamic myocardial perfusion tests can be performed, after administration of adenosine by the cardiologist with simultaneous use of special handles, plastic hand balls (hand grip) for the strain of the left ventricle. Patients with pacemakers may also enter, after a pre-arranged appointment with an engineer of the pacemaker company.
Olympic Diagnostic has a specialized team that performs this procedure in the presence of a cardiologist, experienced technologists and radiophysicist. In cases of claustrophobic patients the test can be performed under anesthesia in the presence of an anesthesiologist.
In our center the method is used in the following cases:
- Study of anatomy, functionality, characterization of atrial-ventricular tissues
- Study of congenital heart diseases
- Study of primary or metastatic heart tumors
- Assessment of large vessel diseases (aorta-pulmonary artery)
- Myocarditis due to infectious, autoimmune or toxic causes
- Diagnosis of ischemia (stress CMR) and myocardial viability (control before reperfusion surgery).
- Diagnosis of underlying disease in heart failure / arrhythmia.
- Valve disease study and staging before surgery
- Study of cardiomyopathies (hypertrophic, dilated and invasive type), gravity staging and control of medication.
- Study of heart disease due to oncological treatment
Study of rheumatological and neurological cases with cardiovascular involvement